It’s that time of the year again. The bi-annual Sephora VIB Sale 2018 is finally right around the corner, so we decided to list out the dates and some of our recommendations.
(All these products were gifted by their respective brand for consideration; all opinions are our own!)
Sephora VIB Sale 2018 Dates and Codes
The most important part, is knowing when you can shop, so here are the dates:
- VIB ROUGE (15% OFF EVERYTHING): April 13th to April 16th and April 20th to April 23rd
- CODE: YAYROUGE
- VIB (15% OFF EVERYTHING): April 20th to April 23rd
- CODE: YAYVIB
- BI (10% OFF EVERYTHING): April 20th to April 23rd
- CODE: YAYINSIDER
Sephora VIB Sale 2018 Recommendations
Now that you know what’s in store, your mind might be racing with all the possibilities. These are the best times to shop intelligently, while choosing a few items to explore. Here’s a couple of our Sephora favorites that should sit in your shopping cart for go-live.
This is the time to stock up on those skin essentials–or better yet, it’s time to splurge on amazing brands like Drunk Elephant and Sunday Riley. Our list of recommendations can go on and on and on, but we broke it down further into 3 skin issues to keep things stream-lined and shop-ready.
If dry skin is your main issue, consider picking up any one of these to reverse signs of flaky skin. These are tried and true here at ymorbeauty.com—you will enjoy major boosts of moisture and see long-lasting hydration.
- Cleanser: Tatcha Pure One Step Camellia Cleansing Oil ($58) is your one-stop shop for a non-stripping, fully hydrating, soothing cleanser. Seriously. Don’t just take our word, try it for yourself.
- Face cream: Clinique Moisture Surge ($46) cream is long-time favorite with major hydrating capabilities. It’s a gel-based formula that sinks right into the skin without any sticky down-time.
- Face oil: Herbivore Orchid Youth-Preserving Facial Oil ($66) is formulated to hydrate, while acting like a powerful antioxidant to prevent premature aging. It’s also infused with omega-3-6 to support your skin’s lipid barrier.
- Eye cream: Biossance Squalane + Peptide Eye Gel ($68) will instantly reverse any dry patches or fine lines caused by dehydration. It’s formulated to boost the microcirculation, increasing blood flow and nutrients to the delicate skin beneath your eyes for brighter look. You can learn more about our obsession with Biossance here.
we spoke extensivly about B
- Face mask: Dr. Andrew Weil for Origins Mega-Mushroom Skin Relief Mask ($50) targets redness and irritation with the help of medicinal reishi mushrooms. Calm skin is happy skin, and you can learn more about mushrooms in this post. (BTW, Sephora seems to be selling an updated formula!)
Dull textured skin
Dealing with dull, congested, or textured skin? Here’s everything you need to remedy it.
- Gel serum: Drunk Elephant C-Firma™ Day Serum ($100) will take your skin from dull to glowing within 5-7 days of consistent use. It’s a fantastic vitamin-c based serum that delivers antioxidant properties and supports collagen. Check out our review of 2 other D.E. products if you want radiant skin.
- Salicylic Oil serum: Sunday Riley U.F.O Ultra Clarifying Face Oil ($100) will change your life and your skin. We’re working on a proper review, but know that it was 1.5% salicylic acid to penetrate deep into the pores and prevent them from clogging, while reducing active breakouts.
- Lactic Acid Cream serum: Sunday Riley Good Genes All-In One Lactic Acid Treatment ($135) is the answer for dull textured skin. It will change your skin overnight and we’re not being dramatic. It makes a great partner to their U.F.O Ultra Clarifying Face Oil since lactic acid works to exfoliate dead skin cells and speed up the cell turnover process.
- Resurfacing treatment: Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Exfoliating Peel Spray ($64) is the most interesting resurfacing treatment we’ve come across. You can literately feel the dead skin sloughing off as you work it in (to reveal radiant skin). You should only use it once a week or so, because it’s intense AF despite the “for sensitive skin” claim.
Oily or combo skin? We got you! Welcoming one or all of these into your routine will make a huge difference.
- Cleanser: Sunday Riley Ceramic Slip Clay Cleanser ($58) is by far the best on the market. It removes oil and dirt, without stripping your skin and making it dry. It cleans so well, you can expect major pore minimization (since it pulls all the dirt out).
- Face cream: Origins A Perfect World Moisturizer with SPF 40 ($55) is a fantastic oil-free and lightweight day cream that delivers enough sun protection, whereas the Ole Henriksen Counter Balance Oil Hydrator ($42) makes a great night-time non-greasy moisturizer.
- Face mask: the Clarins SOS Pure Rebalancing Clay Mask ($34) makes for an excellent anti-oil treatments. Use once or twice a week to keep excess oil at bay!
We have a few make-up staples that can be relatively pricey, but with the sale, they might be extra worth it for you!
- Foundation: Laura Mercier Flawless Fusion Ultra-Longwear Foundation ($59) is a long-wearing, oil-free liquid foundation with a beautiful matte finish. Even if you have dry skin, you can get away with rocking this 15-hour finish if you use a hydrating primer. The Sephora Collection Make No Mistake Foundation & Concelear Stick ($25) is another great option if you prefer solid vs. liquid.
- Concealer: Laura Mercier Secret Concealer ($32) or Benefit Cosmetics Boi-ing Industrial Strength Concealer ($27) are excellent creamy options if you have dry skin + dark undereye circles. They both have shades with hints of salmon that can double as your color correcting product. If you’re oily, using powder to set is a must.
- Highlighter: Marc Jacobs Dew Drops Coconut Gel Highlighter ($55) will come in handy when you want to recreate those dewy golden selfies throughout summer. Amazing for dry, normal, or oily skin!
- Lip products: go for the Clarins Instant Light Lip Comfort Oil ($25) if you want a comforting high-shine gloss, the Hourglass GIRL Lip Stylo ($40) in Futurist for the perfect mauve-nude, and the Tom Ford Lip Color ($70) in 16 Scarlet Rouge for the perfect fire-engine red.
- Eyeshadow: the Make Up For Ever Artist Color Eye Shadows ($22) are pigmented, soft, and come in the widest range of color. We created our perfect trio palette that’s travel-friendly, but can choose up-to 6 colors!
Shop the post!